• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Greetings from New Orleans

Greetings from New Orleans Arena, site of the 57th NBA All-Star Game.


More on tonight's game and the city of New Orleans in a minute.

When you visit New Orleans (and I really encourage you to make the trip) don't leave without going to Brennan's .
For dessert, try their Bananas Foster. Fantastic food. Great atmosphere. If you go on weekends, ask for Paul. He’ll make you feel right at home.

The NBA couldn’t have picked a better city to host this year’s All-Star Game. New Orleans is still on the mend, to be sure. But the city hasn’t lost its flair. Hornets guard Peja Stojakovic told me that New Orleans’ laid back attitude reminds him of cities in Europe.

The locals I talked to desperately want tourists to frequent the area, and they go to great lengths to make tourists feel at home.

Last season, NBA players association director Billy Hunter expressed concern about the players’ safety.

But here's what he said yesterday:

“I can assure you that any concerns I previously had have been fully allayed. I think the city has done an excellent job. I think it’s been a great weekend, and I think we’re going to have a great All-Star Game.”

The French Quarter has been lively and festive this week, but I’ve yet to hear of any major problems – OR minor ones, come to think of it.

Keep up the good work,, New Orleans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home