• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, January 19, 2007

All aboard the Saints bandwagon

Seeing those Saints fans disembark in Chicago from their 19-hour train from Louisiana made me wish I was there.

I usually don't jump on bandwagons, but I got to admit, I've leaped on to the Saints' express as it was pulling out of the station like I was a hobo trying to catch the 5:15 to Kansas City.

My new T-shirt arrived on Tuesday. I got a ringer T-shirt with the Saints retro logo - the one with the guy that looks like Count Chocula wearing a Saints helmet standing beside the Saints shield. My new hat is on its way and should be here by the big game.

I've never been a fan of the NFL. I'd much rather watch a college game than pros. The NFL seems so sterilized and regimented next to the college game. But the Saints have me eager for Sunday's big game. How can't you cheer for the Saints for their incredible success and what they've meant to New Orleans? OK, unless you're a Bears fan.

Sorry Cowboys fans. You probably outnumber Saints fans in the area, but the Cowboys are the team everyone just loves to hate.

It's New Orleans time now, and whether you cheer for Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco or whomever, you've got to realize just how special this team is.

I'll save you a seat on the bandwagon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home