• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Any Saints predictions?

I took my lumps by sticking by my Big 10 team and picking Ohio State to beat Florida in the BCS title game, and then mentioning it on the airwaves on a local radio station. Great move, Vernellis.

That being said, I'm going to make another pick with the Saints.

I saw the Saints beat the Eagles in the regular season, using a mammoth drive in the fourth quarter to seal the game. That's become the Saints modus operandi this season, stringing together drives that chew up a ton of time and keep the opponent's offense off the field.

Jeff Garcia ignited the Eagles down the stretch and injected life to the team, but I've got to go with the Saints in this one. How can't you? The Superdome will be buzzing with excitement today and the Saints will feed off it.
Philadelphia faces a challenge in getting the crowd out of the game, but I don't think it's going to happen.

New Orleans 34, Philadelphia 17.

The Saints are coming: Here's the Green Day/U2 version and here's the original from the Scottish punk band The Skids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home