• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Must see Shreveport football

Since moving here in 2003, I've only made two high school football games ... Friday night I'm making it three.

There is no way I'm missing Calvary-Evangel: The next chapter.

This is a football rivalry that draws someone like myself to a game where I have no stake in the result. I'm being selfish in this as I just want to see a spirited high school football game between rivals in a state playoff game.

It doesn't get better than that.

Knowing Evangel is moving up a class next season while Calvary remain in 1A, I beg the powers that be at both schools to keep this series alive. A school rivalry that can draw sports fans with no history or link to either school is something special, something worth preserving.

Besides, which of these two great programs would want to be labled as the school that "cut and run" from this series.

See you at Evangel, Friday night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home