• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, October 06, 2006

The beef jerky maestro

If you don't like reading about NASCAR, golf or the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs, you may not know much about Times assistant sports editor Roy Lang's writing ability. Lang is an excellent writer but I found out recently that he's an even better beef jerky chef.

Lang spent more than he should have to get the required jerky-making machinery and went to work. According to anonymous sources, Lang nearly burned down his Justin Street house making the jerky, but the finished product was worth a smokey house.

He dropped off a miniature sampling of his spicy delicacy at my desk on Friday afternoon and I downed it while drinking most of a cola and answering calls about Friday night football. I'll spare you what Jason Pugh said the jerky looked like, but then I've never seen a piece of jerky that looked purty.

All I can say is that it was finger licking good. If Lang ever decides to hang up his crazy flipping fingers, he could make a living by marketing this product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home