• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Now we get to see the real A's

Although it didn't necessarily show in my predictions in Tuesday's editions of The Times (how could I have picked against Oakland?), I still think Oakland has the best chance of anyone not named the Yankees to represent the American League in the World Series.

Trust me, I have. Scott Ferrell has rolled his eyes at it so much I think they've permanently taken a place in the back of his head.

Regardless of what I think, we'll get to see how much the A's have matured in the next three days -- as they have three chances to reach the American League Championship Series. That usually would be a good thing, but given the way the A's seem to loathe closeout games (lost their last nine potential clinchers) who knows if that applies here.

Much of the roster has changed since the A's last blew a series clincher (2003, three in a row against Boston), so the burden now falls on manager Ken Macha, the bench coach under ex-manager and flop artist Art Howe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home