• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Beating the odds

I am not a gambler, but I do find the various odds put out to be fairly interesting.

Consider the Super Bowl odds put out by BetUS.com.

According to BetUS.com the 2007 season's Super Bowl champion will be ... the New England Patriots.

The Patriots have 3-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl.

OK, I understand the Patriots could have won last year's Super Bowl minus a meltdown against the Colts in the AFC title game. And I understand the Pats have added Randy Moss. But I still don't know if that will get them over the hump.

Of local interest, the New Orleans Saints face 20-1 odds of winning the Super Bowl.

The Saints have upgraded their defense somewhat through free agency and Robert Meachem should be an adequate replacement for Joe Horn. I understand the Saints' history but 20-1 seems a little steep.

The Cowboys are at 25-1 odds. Hey, if the Saints are at 20-1 this is probably about right. I'm still not sold on Tony Romo.

Again, these are great for debate. But I wouldn't put money on any of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home