• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Draft-itis I ain't got it

Forgive me for not being stricken by the NFL Draft bug. But give credit for the NFL, which is surpassing any sport in memory for becoming a hype machine.

Seriously, between mini-camps and the draft and training camp, the NFL finds a way to keep itself in sports news year-round. Still, hearing 21- and 22-year old kids having their lives picked apart like surgery is hardly appealing.

The only thing worse than that to me is college recruiting. Those schools and recruiting "experts" are doing the same thing to 17-year-old children.

I may be in the minority, but I can promise you what I won't be doing at noon on Saturday and that's sitting in front of ESPN grinding over my favorite NFL team's picks and making fun of Mel Kiper Jr.'s hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home