• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, September 16, 2006

LIVE, from Jordan-Hare ...

I have driven more than 1,000 miles in the past two days (trust me I'm not complaining, traveling to big games is what my job is all about and couldn't be any more fun).
From Shreveport, I hit Dallas on Thursaday, where I watched the Lone Star State had out the opening chapter of a double dose of whoopins to Louisiana high school football teams.
Thursday, a severely undermanned and overmatched Evangel Christian Academy was blasted by Southlake Carroll, the best team in the country in each of the past two seasons. Friday, Shreveport's Byrd High was blitzed by Marshall, the runner-up in Texas Class 4A the past two seasons.
The combined score: Texas 90, Louisiana 19.
Ouch.
Today, I am in Auburn, Alabama, to see if the LSU Tigers can uphold the state's honor in college football. The No. 6 Tigers take on the No. 3 Auburn Tigers at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
On the Bayou Bengals Blog, I predicted an upset, 24-17 going Tigers' way. The LSU Tigers that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home