• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, September 25, 2006

Friday matchups

I have had something happen to me this year that hasn't happened in the seven years I've worked at The Times. I've had several people ask me, in person or through e-mails, which high school football game to go see on the weekend.

So I'll get a head start this week. I'm planning to see Minden against Parkway at Parkway High School on Friday. It's the second week of District 1-4A play, and both teams are unbeaten. The winner sets itself up as the top competition to Captain Shreve, which plays on Thursday against Northwood.

If you're further east, go check out Bastrop at Ruston. The Bearcats are coming on, and the Rams should tell us whether Ruston is ready to challenge for the 1-5A title. A little north? Haynesville at Plain Dealing. The Tors started slowly but opened up 1-1A play with a win, while the Lions started well but lost their 1-1A opener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home