• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Those crazy Irish

For anybody who caught the Ryder Cup's opening ceremonies on The Golf Channel this morning - were you as puzzled as I was about what in the world was going on?

There was a traditional Irish band on stage that looked like extras out of Braveheart (I know, that's about the Scots). Then there were actors dressed up like Lord of the Rings geeks towering over the crowd on risers. They weren't just standing there stoic either. They were selling their moment to the crowd, many of whom had the same quizzical look on their face as I did.

I think there was a Druid ceremony on stage at one point.

I know the Irish like to knock back a few pints in their pubs, but was someone coming off a week-long bender of bad Guinness to come up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home