• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, January 25, 2008

Early Super Bowl thoughts

The NFL had a media conference call today with several members of the '72 Miami Dolphins and former Dolphins coach Don Shula.

I'm old enough to remember the '72 Dolphins. I used to remember them rather fondly until they began celebrating when the last team lost its first game of the season each year. That bitter act gets old fast.

So I come into Super Bowl week next week as a man playing on house money.

If the New England Patriots do finish the season unbeaten with a win over the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, the '72 Dolphins will go away, having been trumped 19-0 to 17-0 by the Patriots.

But if the New York Giants somehow manage to win, I can revel in knowing that Tom Brady won't have that smug smirk on his face.

I can't lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home