• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, January 24, 2008

No money for Leon Barmore


Texas A&M women's basketball coach Gary Blair was very complimentary of former Lady Techsters coach Leon Barmore on Thursday ... but he isn't sending him a check.

Blair talked about how much he, Baylor's Kim Mulkey, Auburn's Nell Fortner, Texas Tech's Kristy Curry and Oklahoma State's Kurt Budke owe Barmore and Louisiana Tech for helping them attain their lofty, well-paid positions.

"All of us owe him a residual for what he did for us," Blair said. "But on second thought, I'm not gonna send him anything because he's won so much money off me on the golf course. I feel like we're probably even. I tell you what, though. The next time I play him I'm gonna win no matter what I have to do."

Hey, Gary, just be sure you spell his name right on the check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home