• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nobody's perfect


Well, at least we know the CenturyTel Center can be sold out.

I admit I wasted an hour of my life outside of the arena in hopes of making an 8-year-old happy with Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert tickets.

I had a plan. My brother in Mississippi was on the computer. I was at the arena armed with a cellphone to call in an order.

I thought I was in good shape when my number was called in the lottery to get in line.

Tickets went on sale at 10 and at 10:10 a.m. according to my cellphone, they announced a sellout.

It was tough seeing kids crying because the tickets were sold out in 10 minutes.

What does this have to do with sports -- it's proof that the area will support some things. We've had NBA preseason games and NHL preseason games that didn't come close to selling out.

Maybe the key is to have Disney marketing the product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home