• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Early I-Bowl stabs

The PetroSun Independence Bowl is still more than three months away, but hey, it's never too early to guess which teams will be here.

On the SEC side, Auburn's loss to South Florida suddenly makes the Tigers look like I-Bowl material. Here's the thinking on that one, Auburn probably had that one penciled in as a win. To make up for that one, the Tigers will have to beat someone they weren't supposed to.

A lot of preseason publications pegged Kentucky for the I-Bowl.The Wildcats have a huge game with Louisville this week. Still, you've got to figure the 'Cats for about a fourth- or fifth-place finish in the East. That alone would put them in the I-Bowl mix.

If either Ole Miss or Mississippi State could get to six wins, they would be attractive to the I-Bowl. Two schools relatively close that haven't been to bowls in awhile is just what the I-Bowl is looking for in a team.

There's plenty of season left to be played. We'll have to see how things play out from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home