• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, January 29, 2007

Love them some Saban

Work has carried me to Alabama this week and it has been interesting to see how folks around here view the new Crimson Tide football coach.

The Montgomery paper carried a recruiting story in Sunday's paper on Alabama winning a few and wooing a few recruits. A local TV station showed clips from I-Bowl practices in Shreveport while discussing the departure of a Tide assistant coach for the Cleveland Browns. (Hey, John Thompson at least lasted a month with Saban at LSU.)

All in all, the people around here - at least the Alabama folks - are expecting an immediate difference in their team next year.

I think Nick Saban is a great coach. But until he gets some playmakers on offense, I have my doubts about Alabama next year. But that's why they play the games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home