• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Greetings from St. Louis

Greetings from Busch Stadium in vibrant, chilly downtown St. Louis, the site of the next three World Series games.

Planes and helicopters are flying overhead. The stadium gates just opened and a mass of red-clad fans has begun to pour in. The hearty aroma of grilled hamburgers and bratwurst fills the air as the Detroit Tigers take batting practice.

This is a beautiful stadium. I walked on the field shortly after I arrived, and I was even more impressed. The picturesque view of the Gateway Arch and the St. Louis skyline from field level is a sight to behold.

I always enjoy coming back to St. Louis. I lived here for 14 years, and the old Bush Stadium was my second home. I also devoured more than a few White Castle hamburgers as a youngster.

The stadium may be new, but Cardinals fans have remained some of baseball's finest.

A sign outside the stadium describes it best: "Welcome to Baseball Heaven."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home