• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, September 11, 2006

WWDBD? Throw an interception.

Wow. I sure am glad that I picked up Drew Bledsoe in the local media's fantasy football league (sarcasm font).

I'm sinking like a 10-ton chunk of granite in Caddo Lake and the league is not even past week one. I had some big hopes for him with Terry Glenn, Terrell Owens, Julius Jones and Jason Witten at his disposal. Not too shabby, right? Plenty of weapons to throw to, right? That's what I'm thinking.

Unfortunately, I forgot Bledsoe has all the mobility of a redwood. This is not shaping up to be a great season...Oh and I forgot to mention that my backup is Jake Plummer...I appreciate your condolences.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roy Lang III said...

The amateur fantasy football players -- and NFL fans -- often freak out unnecessarily at the proceedings of Week 1 in the NFL. Drew Bledsoe -- and the Cowboys -- are going to be just fine. It's not like they lost to the Houston Texans. They played a extremely tough Jacksonville Jaguars squad, on the road no less. Hey, the Jags went 12-4 last season!! They were supposed to win this game!
The Cowboys' offense will be A-OK. Terrell Owens is obviously healthy. Terry Glenn looks good and so did Julius Jones.
Don't give up on Bledsoe. He had a rough game against a great team on the road -- he's not the first to do so.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home