• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Sunday, September 10, 2006

SEC fans, you were right...

Ever since I moved to Louisiana seven years ago, I've constantly had to defend two items - Charles Woodson deserved to win the Heisman Trophy and the Big Ten is just as good as the SEC when it comes to football.

I'll stick by the former until my dying day, but the latter is just the delusional ramblings of a Big Ten grad. This weekend only proves the Big Ten stinks...

Yes, SEC fans, your conference is stronger top to bottom and you need look no further than Saturday's games. New Hampshire beats Northwestern?! Rutgers beats Illinois?! Iowa needs overtime to beat Syracuse?! Purdue needs overtime to beat Miami (Ohio)?! Indiana squeaks past Ball State?! Ugh. Not a pretty weekend.

My 8th grade team could have performed against New Hampshire and Rutgers...we were conference champs by the way.

I thought Penn State had a shot at beating Notre Dame, but I didn't expect them to get blown out by the Irish, who looked lost last weekend against Georgia Tech. It's amazing what Touchdown Jesus can do for you.

Yes, SEC fans, you rule in football...I hope most of you can savor that as you're scooping the fries out of the fryer for my No. 3 combo meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home