• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not a charge? You all must be kidding

For one, I refuse to agree with Messerly, so I'll just state this on my own. If you want to go ahead and joke about nuptuals with Pokey Chatman -- feel free.

Candice Wiggins was guilty, flat out guilty, of a charge. I was 30 feet from the infraction. There was no doubt in anyone's mind it was a charge. Stanford head coach Tara VanDerveer said it was a tough call and that it could have been a no-call ... but what else is she going to say? That's loser's (just in the game, not calling her a name) speak for they got the call right.

Seimone Augustus was in perfect position and the correct call was made. The call was so appropriate that most at the AT&T Center, including myself, didn't even see the ensuing 3-point shot from Krista Rappahahn go in the basket. They didn't need to, they knew the teams were going to the other end of the court.

“I knew it was coming, we make that same play all the time," Wiggins said. "I was just a second too late, you know and the pass was there. I knew it was coming though, I just couldn’t get there in time.”

Couldn't get there in time NOT to be called for a charge!!!!

LSU MUST play better in the first half Sunday against Duke if it plans on advancing to the championship game. The Lady Tigers have been forced to play from behind the entire Tournament. That can't continue -- with victory as a result -- agianst teams like the Blue Devils.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home