• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Winter Olympics are more fun; women's hockey a joke

There's just something about MOST of the events. And I repeat MOST of the events. They are a little more exciting and the athletes live more on the edge (downhill, luge, etc) than the Summer Games.

That being said I was appalled at the women's hockey. Here I was watching what looked to be pretty decent hockey (heck, they even mentioned the CHL during the broadcast) before something took over my body. I thought I saw a penalty called for "body checking." I knew I had to be out of my mind because it's hockey and checking is crucial to the game.

Nope, I wasn't seeing things. CHECKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN WOMEN'S HOCKEY!!!
hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What a flippin joke. This has totally ruined my excitement for the Canada-U.S. final that is likely to happen.

Women can't check?? Sorry ladies, that is a disgrace and it's too bad because there are some talented girls that could play a physical game.

No wonder the general public doesn't take women's sports as seriously as men's. The sports themselves don't.

We already have ice dancing!

I will no longer be too worried about who brings home the gold in this powder puff ice capade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

The women's hockey team should trash their hotel rooms like the U.S. men did in Japan. Then they would get some respect and get some aggression out at the same time.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home