• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A first at GSU?

I've been in the sports writing business for 24 years now and I think today is something of a first.

Grambling fired its men's and women's basketball coaches on the same day.

I don't think I'v ever seen that before in my 24 years in the business. Such symmetry is rare.

In all seriousness, it's hard to argue against Grambling making the changes. The Tigers have a new facility and little excuse for being as disappointing as they were on both the men's and women's sides this year.

Still, when you're firing longtime coaches, there is a bit of sadness for those particular coaches. Rusty Ponton and Larry Wright certainly were stable figures for GSU basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home