• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dooley to skip local Tech QB Club meetings

Members of the Shreveport-Bossier City Louisiana Tech Quarterback Club won't receive the same treat this fall that they've become accustomed to over the last several years.

New head football coach Derek Dooley will not be attending Friday luncheons at Ralph & Kacoo's before each home game, as did former coach Jack Bicknell. Dooley also won't be sending over an assistant coach, so the club won't be meeting, according to director Benny Thornell.

That must be disappointing news for Tech fans in northwest Louisiana who love to hear a re-cap of the previous week's game and hear a scouting report on an upcoming opponent by their coach.

4 Comments:

Blogger BigWheelChamp said...

Wow! If I'm a loyal Tech fan/alum and shown nothing but support for the Bulldogs all these years, I'd be sending an e-mail to AD Jim Oakes and voice my concern.

They can't move it up earlier in the week?

12:22 PM  
Blogger German said...

Not really that upset, as long as Dooley keeps up the good work. Can't be as aggrevating as a sports writer having to do more work to get in contact w/ a team he's supposed to cover.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Doesn't bother me. I would like them, but I understand that he has many things to do just 24 hours before a game. We can always head to Ruston on Thursdays for the weekly radio show, or turn on the radio and listen to it.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Jimmy, you went to most of these things. I know, I saw you there. But when you take out the media and the TECH people that came from Ruston how many would you say showed up for these? I counted 12 for one of them. 12! The most I saw was about 20.

I was a regular. And I will miss these "club" meeting. But what Div-I (or whatever they changed the name to) school has a head coach spend 3-4 hours the Friday before a home game with the media and fans? IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! We were lucky. We were spoiled. We need to get over it! A new era has begun. This isn't your Bulldawgs of the past...thank God!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home