• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, April 13, 2007

Is it just me?

Or does Louisiana Tech athletics seem to be a little more Dan Reneau and a little less Jim Oakes these days?

I don't mean this in a spiteful way. But it appears Reneau is much more out front with the school's athletic department.

Case in point, the hiring of Kerry Rupp on Friday.

The school sends out its release and the first words are "Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Renau....''

The first quote in the release? Dan Reneau's.

Now don't get me wrong. I realize he is the president of the school. But Oakes isn't quoted until Reneau and Rick Majerus have been quoted.

And I'm not fooled. This hire of Rupp was all about Karl Malone. This was Malone's hand-picked guy. So basically, the AD is just along for the ride on this one.

Like I said, it may just be me. It may be completely innocent. But it certainly appears Reneau is becoming more involved at Thomas Assembly Center.

1 Comments:

Blogger marketdawg said...

http://timesfreeforall.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

Hey Jimmy, remember the "Smack At You" blog you posted in response to some of the latechbbb.com guys busting your chops..seems like Scotty disagrees with your predictions. Which one of you guys is right? This is office pool material..the over/under on Jim Oakes tenure. My money is on Scotty and Oakes being gone sometime soon over nowhere soon..and you can take that "to the bank".

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home