• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Greetings from Austin

A six-hour drive to Austin actually went by rather quickly, thanks to XM radio. I was flipping between the Tigers-Blue Jays spring game, my favorite show - the Ron & Fez show, and the special St. Patrick's Day programming. Made me wish I was back in Ireland, sitting in a pub with a Guinness in my hand.

Anyway, on to the Women's NCAA Tournament game tonight. LSU faces UNC-Asheville and the Bulldogs have plenty of matchup problems to contend with.

LSU interim head coach Bob Starkey said the key for tonight's game will be how well the Lady Tigers can shoot. If they're shooting well, that opens up a lot inside for Sylvia Fowles to work and gives room for Erica White to drive and create.

UNC-Asheville will implement a zone defense against the Tigers, daring them to shoot.

The funny thing is because of the game's late start, and The Times 10 p.m. deadline, I'll probably spend most of the first half sitting in the media room, watching the game on television and polishing up my first story. Meanwhile, the actual game is a mere hundred feet or so away from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home