• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Kudos to Michael Irvin

I know a lot of people don't like Michael Irvin.

I've heard how his probation officer would give his induction speech at Canton. Or maybe his coke dealer.

I've heard all of the jokes, especially today after he was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

But as someone who was covering the Cowboys (home and road) back in the day, Michael Irvin was always one of my favorites. For one thing, he was a stand up guy who never ducked the media. He'd fill your notepad with quotes.

For another thing, Irvin was about winning. None of this I-me-my stuff you get from Terrell Owens. Irvin was a winner (six division titles, three Super Bowls in 12 seasons).

I'm not going to condone what he did off the field. But on the field, the guy was a winner. And that's all you can ever ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home