• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, February 12, 2007

Basketball debate

I got to thinking after watching the LSU women's near-heroics against UConn. Could a group of five college boys beat a Division I women's basketball team?

Consider the scenario: pick five guys from the student body for an exhibition game with a women's basketball team.
It wouldn't take much work (if any) to get them ready to play a mid-major Division I program, like say the Southland Conference, but what about a top-30 program?

How long would it take to get them in shape, not just to play against the women, but beat them?

A month? Three months? The school year? Ever?

There were some pretty good teams in my intramural basketball league in college that could have beaten the women's team at my Big Ten university.

OK, discuss.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Watson said...

So, what's your point with this sexist blog?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Watson said...

I can get to one side of the town quicker than you can. Does that mean that you shouldn't be allowed to drive or that where you drive isn't as important as where I drive?

10:21 PM  
Blogger BigWheelChamp said...

Whoa! Easy Jimmy....I'm just throwing out a hypothetical situation.

I was watching LSU-UConn and was wondering if five guys could beat a top-25 women's team? That's all.

I know if you took myself and four of my friends from college there was no way we could beat a Duke or UConn team. For one thing, only one of us was over 6-1.

I'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to play or anything like that at all.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home