• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Shut up and play

I can relate to Alabama running back Jimmy Johns. No I can't run a sub-4.5 40. No I don't play football.

But I can relate to having to eat a little crow after running my mouth.

Johns was once a Mississippi State target while playing at Brookhaven High in Brookhaven, Miss., and told Sylvester Croom the Bulldogs were the leader for his services before signing with Alabama.

Some verbal volleys were traded before last year's Alabama-State game, which Bama won. Johns went to shake hands with Croom, who had left the field. Well Johns popped off, saying Croom ran off with his tail tucked between his legs.

On Saturday, Croom got his revenge, beating Alabama 24-16 and making Johns -- and his mouth -- a nonfactor. The former Mississippi high school star had a meager 1 yard rushing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home