• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, November 10, 2006

More Yankee hate

My love-hate relationship with Major League Baseball resurfaced Friday afternoon -- I love baseball; I hate the New York Yankees.

And Friday is a perfect example of why. The Yankees once again bullied a team into making a bad trade. This time it was the Detroit Tigers, who shipped three pitching prospects to the Yankees for Gary Sheffield.

These trades happen all the time, but why does it seem like the Yankees always come out ahead? Since the July 31 deadline, they have basically turned Sheffield and three non-prospects into Bobby Abreu and two pitching prospects (Humberto Sanchez and Kevin Whelan) who could help them this season.

Some may call it good business sense and normally I would be inclined to agree. But when it comes to the Yankees, I can't speak rationally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home