• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Puttin' on the foil


Since the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs appear to be shorthanded before their season opener against Oklahoma City, I think I'll do my civic duty as a Yankee and collect my stuff and head down to the CenturyTel Center first thing in the morning.

The Mudbugs don't have enough players because many of their Canadian players haven't cleared immigration. So the call has gone out to any American-born hockey players to join the team. Now granted I'm about 30 pounds overweight and have probably played 60 minutes of competitive hockey since I moved to Louisiana seven years ago - and that was last year in the men's league at the CTC.

Still, a player is a player at his point, right coach Muscutt? Hey, it's either me or former Sports Editor Dean Rock, who incensed a lot of Mudbugs fans saying he'd be more successful at scoring on a goalie than any player could.

I'm sure I could get my brother to fly out here as well, but he hasn't laced up a pair of skates since he was 12. It'd be a great marketing strategy though. Slap some horn-rimmed glasses on us and call us two-thirds of the Hanson Bros (above).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home