• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's what's for dinner

The AP just moved a 10-inch story breathlessly reporting the death of Bevo XIII, the longest-tenured mascot in University of Texas history.

First of all, do we really need a 10-inch story on a mascot dying. I'm sure Bevo was a fine animal. But again, we're talking about an animal. We're not even talking about a pet.

Then, to detail the tenure of this animal, the story talks about Ricky Williams' achievements during that time. Unless Bevo was smoking weed with Williams, I don't care. And then I only care about Bevo.

Please, let's stick to the games and the PEOPLE not the animals.

4 Comments:

Blogger BigWheelChamp said...

Could someone please pass the A-1?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Roy Lang III said...

That might be the funniest blog I've read yet. I was wondering why the chef at Jack Binion's was doing the jig.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Roy Lang III said...

I'm trying to think of appropriate headlines for this story.
Texas mourns, Ruth's Chris bids a grand

Bevo's last words: I'd die for a national championship

come on people ... give us some good ones.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Saltgrass can now change its motto from "Texas to the bone" to "UT to the bone"

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home