• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's dry in St. Louis!

Greetings from DRY St. Louis!

It sprinkled throughout the day, but it's been dry for several hours. All systems are GO for Game 4. The Tigers are taking batting practice, and the fans are streaming in. It's not quite as cool as it was this time yesterday, but it's still early.

The weather has been pretty nasty lately, but I share the sentiments of Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland, who said: "I love this. I don't care how miserable this is."

I visited both clubhouses after Tuesday night's game. The Tigers were surprisingly upbeat for a team that had just suffered a 5-0 loss. You certainly couldn't tell that they'd lost the game. I suppose when you've come as far as they have, there aren't many things that can rattle you.

When I arrived in the Cardinals' clubhouse, Albert Pujols, Preston Wilson and Ronnie Belliard were drawing the most media attention.

Belliard is much smaller than he looks on TV. Remember Spud Webb?

I nearly ran into Jim Leyland as he was going to his pregame media conference on Tuesday. He's also much smaller than I thought.

Come to think of it, a LOT of these guys look a lot smaller in person. I'd better lay off the White Castles for a while.

St. Louis. What a city!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Forget Spud Webb, Larry. Belliard looks like the love child of one of the kids from Kris Kross.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home