• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Some NFL owners never change

In researching a story for our "What If" series recently, I found myself in The Times library looking at newspapers from decades ago on microfilm. I believe I was probably reading about Louisiana Tech's 1985 NCAA tournament loss to Oklahoma when a headline caught my eye.

It was a story about how New Orleans' mayor was trying to talk Tom Benson into keeping the Saints in the city.

That guy has been milking us for decades.

In a related story, the Seattle Supersonics basketball team has been sold to an ownership group from Oklahoma City. With the NBA Hornets drawing well in OKC since Hurricane Katrina, there have been mumblings about the team moving there. Hopefully, the state won't shell out any money now that another city is apparently in line to be robbed of its NBA team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home