• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Heisman Hype

You know college football is just around the corner when the Heisman Trophy materials start coming in the mail.

As a Heisman voter, I get more than my share of this junk. Last year, Memphis sent out a die-cast car with DeAngelo Williams' number on it. I guess that was to lock up the NASCAR vote. Marshall University sent a Byron Leftwich bobblehead a few years back. Funny, neither one of those guys got my vote.

So with that as background, I wasn't too surprised to see a small package from the University of Louisville in the mail Tuesday. It is, after all, that time of the year.

But what was shocking was the notepad with not one, but two, Heisman Trophy candidates on the cover.

I'm sure Brian Brohm is a fine quarterback. But Brady Quinn has about three legs up on Brohm just because he plays at Notre Dame. And I'm sure Michael Bush is a fine running back, but the Adrian Peterson fellow at Oklahoma is about two legs up on Bush.

I don't mind Louisville sending it out. JUST PICK A CANDIDATE. If Louisville has two Heisman Trophy candidates and a coach making millions, this team SHOULDN'T LOSE A GAME this year.

Seriously, not even Texas had two Heisman Trophy candidates last year. USC was the only team in the country with two.

Come on Louisville, don't insult our intelligence.

1 Comments:

Blogger BigWheelChamp said...

Gee, I'm a Heisman voter too, but I didn't get any packages in the mail from Louisville!

Wonder what elite mailing list Scott is on?

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home