• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Thank God for NFL Network

For the first time in probably 22 years, most of my NFL Draft watching did not include ESPN. All I can say is "Thank God for the NFL Network.''

I wasn't subjected to Chris Berman, whose act wore thin many moons ago. There was no Mel Kiper Jr. to infuriate me.

Yes, NFL Network had its own versions of Berman and Kiper. But at least they are new faces. Their acts are new.

The other good thing is the NFL Network covers the Combine in February. Their access and information is outstanding.

Besides, competition is alway great. It's what makes this country great.

So long, ESPN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Or you can do like me and "watch" it on NFL.com. Less commercials and I don't have to listen to Michael Irvin or Merrill Hoge rant.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Michael Irvin ranting? Surely you can't be serious, Pedro.
In all seriousness, anything that takes away from watching it on ESPN is a good thing.
I tried watching the first round on ESPN and I believe I lost 10 percent of my hearing from Irvin yelling and screaming about EVERY pick. Well, that and listening to Chris Berman.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Of course I'm serious and don't call me Shirley.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Joel Anderson said...

The NFL Network rules, though I found myself missing _ inexplicably _ Mel Kiper Jr. and Chris Berman.
All hail to the crew that made the draft what it is today; but I can't help but think that someday the entire event will be on the NFL Network.
I already find myself missing Sean Salisbury.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home