• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Love the Steelers, but...

If I see Jerome Bettis' parents on the television screen one more time, I'm shooting the screen. I hope homeowner's insurance covers that.

Why is it that television directors have so little creativity that they must cut to players' wives/coaches' wives/players' parents after EVERY play? There's nothing wrong with family members; they are just sitting there. But TV people with such a lack of ideas AND having so little clue how sick viewers are of this habit...well, they just shouldn't have a job.

You won't find a bigger Pittsburgh Steelers fan than me, but I would rather watch the game than the reaction of a family member or loved one. The story has been told, now MOVE ON!

While I'm on the subject, I like neither Donovan McNabb nor his mom. Unfortunately, I've just seen a photo of Ben Roethlisberger hugging her Wednesday night at .... YOU GUESSED IT, the Bettis' house. God help us one and all.

Seattle by 7 1/2.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Agreed. Enough with the Steelers already. Give the Seahawks some love, please.

Everyone assumes the NFC was the weaker conference. Everyone assumes that just because Seattle got an easy draw in the playoff -- no division champions, all home games -- that Pittsburgh will walk away with the Lombardi Trophy in hand.

Go ahead, sleep on Matt Hasselbeck. Go ahead, sleep on Shaun Alexander. Go ahead, sleep on Darrell Jackson. Go ahead, sleep on Lofa Tatupu. Just don't be surprised when Mike Holmgren's crew gives the walrus-looking coach a place in history on Sunday as the Seahawks make Holmgren the first coach to win a Super Bowl with two teams.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Pugh: I thought you were a Green Bay Packers fan?

And if it makes any difference to you, I'm not sleeping on any of those guys.

Go Bears!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jason Pugh said...

All I'm trying to say is I'm pulling against the Steelers. This is more anti-Steeler sentiment than pro-Seahawks. If Seattle happens to win, so be it. Just save us from anymore lovey-dovey Jerome Bettis stories.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Pugh, I sent The Bus an e-mail that you were talking trash about his momma. Here's his reply:

"Thanks for your e-mail Pedro. I read your column all the time. Fascinating stuff. You tell that Pugh kid when we're done thrashing the Seahawks on Sunday with our efficient, ball-control offense and superior defense I'm going to personally rip his head off. Happy bowling and God bless."

Just thought I'd pass that along.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jason Pugh said...

Thanks Pedro, but I don't remember mentioning his momma specifically. But if you talk to him again, can you see if he'll bring me some Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder? I heard it's pretty good.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home