• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Great meals at prep games



I don't have to tell you that I likes me some ball park groceries. You can tell that by looking at me.

Centenary's Glenn Evans makes a pretty mean hotdog at the concession stand for home softball and baseball games. If you want a great ball park hamburger, check out the grilled delicacy at the Byrd softball field.

I found another great one at Evangel on Tuesday. I sauntered up to the concession stand and ordered a hamburger. "We don't have hamburgers," the matron'd said. "We have barbecue sandwiches."

After telling them I'd had a great burger the day before at the Byrd playoff game, the Evangelistas scoffed, saying their barbecue sandwich was better. I decided to give it a try. I downed the first one in about four bites so I went back for a second.

"How does it matchup with those Byrd hamburgers?" the concessionaire asked.

"I'd have to call it a draw," I said, while considering a third.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home