• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

This list is far from a slam dunk

I know no one cares about basketball anymore - as my esteemed colleague Roy Lang just informed me minutes ago - but here's an interesting attempt at ranking the best dunkers in the NBA, by position.

http://www.sonsofsammalone.com/2007/07/best-dunkers-by-position.html

Notable omissions: Darryl Dawkins, Shawn Kemp (aka The Reign Man), Tom Chambers and Kevin Johnson, who threw down a particularly nasty one over one of my childhood heroes, Hakeem Olajuwon.

Also, though few people can remember what the NBA was like back in the early '90s, another name I'd like to add is Robert Horry. Back in his more youthful days with the Houston Rockets, "Big Shot Rob" had plenty of hops and wasn't shy about cramming it on folks.

Oh well. Feel free to offer your own suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home