• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quincy, Quincy

Well, I was wrong.

I was hoping Quincy Carter could make it through the season without incident. Then, I boldly predicted, the Battle Wings quarterback would get another shot at the NFL. There are NFL teams dying for quarterback help.

But Carter has been suspended for two games by Bossier-Shreveport coach Jon Norris. This is Norris' way of sending Carter a message for missing meetings and practice.

If this were the first time in Carter's life that he didn't show up where he was supposed to be, then it might be excused a little easier. It isn't. He had the same problem with the Dallas Cowboys according to published reports.

So let me amend my prediction. Even if Carter finishes out the year with the Battle Wings, I don't see him getting an NFL opportunity. I don't think teams want the headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home