• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, March 17, 2006

Demons are a godsend

NSU's 64-63 first-round upset of Iowa today shows they are the best team in north Louisiana.
They shot poorly early and still managed to beat a team almost everybody had predicted would win.
The best college basketball team in the state is still LSU, followed by NSU, Southern -- which managed to give Duke a lot of problems until fading in the second half, and the LSU women (who would probably stomp Tech and LSUS).

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

I see some Tech folks are upset over my comments about the Lady Tigers beating the Puppies in basketball (see http://www.latechbbb.com).
If you want to comment on this or any other blog it's simple - you have to register with your real name and e-mail though. No hiding behind screen names.
Funny how easy it is to rile you folks up. Imagine if any of your sports programs (not counting Baremore's Techsters) actually did anything - then you'd have a legitimate reason to call people idiots over the Internet...

3:27 PM  
Blogger Pedro Pizarro said...

Hi, Ross. It's been a long time! Hope you and your business are well.
Yeah it was pretty unclassy of me to make those comments against Tech and LSUS, but that's what one of the purposes of this blog is -- to draw a reaction and start some dialogue.
Think of it as the new "sports talk" without the radio -- or cheesy hosts.
I was at work and Jimmy Watson said "Pedro's an idiot." I was curious as to what he meant and then he showed me the message board. I'd never been on that site -- it's quite well done.
I think it's terrific you posted the blog link on there. It's all in good fun and I'm sorry if you took it personally. That was not my intention. My intention was simply to generate a response and it worked -- there is no hate behind it or anything like that. The only thing I hate is hate.
If you would post on latechbbb the procedure you used to register on the blog, then maybe more Tech alums can pitch in with their opinions -- even if it's inflammatory against LSU :)
Thanks again for your reply and take care. Give me a call if you want to talk some more.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home